Eight Months into the Pyroluria Journey

Wednesday 1 May 2013

I've been taking pyroluria supplements for about eight months now.  For a few months before that I was taking B6/zinc in pyroluria-sized doses.  So have I noticed an improvement in my health in that time?

Well, I wish it was that simple.  When it comes to health issues, sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards.  And I think that's what's going on with me.

If pyroluria existed in one compartment of my body and affected no other parts, and if taking supplements meant that I simply fast-tracked from point P to point A, then I would be able to have a much clearer indication of where I'm at and what's going on.  But sometimes getting your body to do what it needs to do can create some extra problems along the way.

I know from hair mineral analysis and by my doctor's assessment respectively that I am a slow oxidiser and an undermethylator.  This means that my body has accumulated a whole lot of gunk in its travels that it's been unable to get rid of through the proper detoxification channels.  This is why I need to do extra things like have saunas and coffee enemas to help it along.  It's why my body has sequestered away in its tissues certain things like copper because it didn't know what else to do with them.  Better to shove them away in a room wherer you can close the door than let them float around in your system doing constant damage.

The problem with the process of taking stuff that my body needs to function better is that it begins opening up all those doors where it shunted things away in years gone by and it begins doing some spring cleaning.  But the spring cleaning can happen too fast, and if your body struggles to get rid of it of all of this vacuumed-up stuff, like mine does, then it can tend to recirculate in your body.  Not nice.  All of this spring cleaning has put extra pressure on my kidneys, my adrenal glands, and suddenly I find myself back in the land of adrenal fatigue and pending sickness benefits.  So I am suspecting that maybe I got too excited about spring cleaning and went too fast.  But you sometimes don't know these things except in hindsight.

When my doctor told me that it can take undermethylators up to two years to get right, I didn't really want to hear that news.  But it turns out that I think she may just well be right.  Time to climb up onto that Zen ledge, the one that sits above the raging waters of loss and frustration, and watch my emotions and frustrations pass.  Things are as they are.  There are ways of finding peace no matter what situation you are in.  You just have to stop believing that commonly-held idea that a bad situation means no peace to be found.  It's not true.  It's just hard to get there.  Impossible if you don't believe you can.

Adrenal fatigue is a true shocker ~ you can't really know how unsafe and vulnerable a body can feel until you're stuck in one that's lost its muffler a few corners back.  Makes it harder ~ but not impossible - to lean into the curves and ride it out.

Knowing why this is happening is helpful.  Doing what I need to help my adrenal glands heal again is a long process ~ a full-time job all its own.  And knowing that I am on the right track is comforting, even while it feels like it's flung me backwards into the saltbush. 

Messing about with clay - one of the things I need to return to
to help my body heal itself.

1 comment

  1. Thanks for the insights - I have a friend that has issues along these lines. What a difficult process...still having time for rose smelling is sometimes a good thing. I tend to rush about too much!

    ReplyDelete

Newer Older